Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Vatican Calls For Global Moral Authority Over Monetary System

Nice to know they'd like to try.  And I'm guessing that they mean some kind of secular system that relies for moral guidance on the Catholic and other church leaders.  I start to want to point out that there are already global institutions, but then I remember that the Vatican admits that but also notes those are the ones that are failing.
Well, I know the Pope has had this on his heart for a long time and if his  people can cajole a more equitable banking system
out of world financial leaders, more power to them.
It might help the world forget the Vatican's own failings, you know the ones that make it hard not to shudder when morality and the Church are mentioned in the same sentence.
But if the holy fathers want to take some crotchety old 7-8 figure bankers into private rooms for "counsel and guidance", its okay with me.
See Guardian report:
 
http://bit.ly/sHoaFc